Monday, June 24, 2013

A Big Thank You!!!


Wow! Sometimes when I think about everything that has happened since I’ve said yes to going to Tanzania in the fall, wow is all that I can say. God has not stopped surprising me with many, many blessings.

I’ve been home for a couple weeks now, and it’s been a good time. I’ve been soaking up some family time and truly enjoying every moment with them all. I know that the fall is fast approaching even though it’s only the middle of June. I know that the end of August will be coming faster than I can even imagine. As each day comes to a close, I’m getting more and more excited, and can I be completely honest, a little nervous as well. There are still some unknowns about the fall. What village will I be in, when do I officially leave? How will I know what to do? Who will I meet? Will I learn the language? And yet, even though I have all of these questions, I know without a doubt that my God goes before me, and He is preparing the way for me.  He knows everything that is to happen, and all the people I will come into contact with. Even though I have questions upon questions, God has all the answers and I’m super excited to be a part of it.

I would like to take this time to also say thank you!!! The support through prayers and encouragement has been overwhelming!! I can truly, truly feel every single prayer, and it means more than I can say. I know that when I leave this fall, I will not be going alone, but with the support of so many! Not only have your prayers meant the world to me, but also all the words of encouragement. I have been amazed at all the different ways that people have been supporting me: adding recipes, selling cookbooks, prayers, spreading the word, financial support and so many other ways.

Another way that someone has stepped up to help is by donating steaks for a steak dinner. All of the proceeds will go directly towards my trip. Isn’t God great? I love the ways that He moves. I never in a million years would have expected this, but God always surprises me by how He continually allows other people to get on board with His movement. The dinner will be Friday, July 26, 5-8 (come and go as you please) at Prosper CRC. The steak will be $10 and there will also be a kid’s meal (hot dogs) for $5. If you would like a ticket, please just let me know!

In Christ,

Alexandra Dodde

No comments:

Post a Comment