Sunday, May 26, 2013

"I'll see you when you see me."


Change and goodbyes; it can be so difficult to go through. Which is currently what I am going through right now. This was my last week of school at Northwest Middle School. I have been teaching there for 2 amazing years. I have truly loved working there. My co-workers have been the best co-workers that anyone could have asked. The amount that I have learned about schools and about special education is amazing. The knowledge that I’ve obtained from working at NMS have truly been in preparation for what God is calling me for me.

I hate goodbyes. I’d much rather say, “I’ll see you when you see me.” That doesn’t sound so permanent, so final. The relationships that I have created in Knoxville have been more then I could have hoped for. I know without a doubt that God called me to Knoxville. He has placed me here to develop and grow as a person and as a Christian. Being away from my entire family, and everyone else that I was familiar with, forced me to depend on God for everything. Not only was He was my Savior, but He became my best friend, He became my everything. This is a lesson that I needed in order to be able to spend the year in Tanzania. I know that once again, when I say “see you when you see me” to my friends here in Knoxville, God will remain my everything, He’ll remain my best friend.   

I have once again been extremely overwhelmed by the support that I have been getting. I have sold close to 200 cookbooks which is way more then I imagined. I have also had many different people support me that I would never have imagined. God is good and He has come through in so many different ways. He keeps challenging me to ask Him to be big. And every time I do, He has not failed to follow through. He has never ceased to amaze me. I love the lyrics to the song “Give Me Faith” by Elevation Worship. I need to continue to put my faith in Christ and trust what He says. He has promised to take care of me, He has promised to never leave me. That is something that I will cling to in these moments of goodbye. In these times of uncertainty. When everything else around me is drastically changing, I know that my God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. And though I may be weak but Your spirit's strong in me My flesh may fail My God you never will”
Thank you so much for your support. Please keep me in your prayers as I’m getting ready to leave Knoxville. It truly has become my home, and I really do hope to return again someday, Lord willing. It will be a rough, emotional week!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment